EBS snapshot backups from a FreeBSD zfs file system: zpool freeze?

Berend de Boer berend at pobox.com
Mon Jul 8 20:09:01 UTC 2013

    Will> zpool freeze is a debugging-only command, as the comment
    Will> suggests.  It is not really of much use outside of testing
    Will> changes to ZIL code.  Once run, the only thing you can do to
    Will> get normal I/O running again is to export the pool and
    Will> import it again.

Right, so I might have screwed my server? It's only semi-production,
but you're saying something is wrong with it right now?

Does it not commit stuff to disk anymore? Because I might have screwed
up some EBS snapshot tests as I tested this "zfs freeze" thing a few
times.

--
All the best,

Berend de Boer