boot from ZFS: which pool types use?

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Thu Jul 4 16:05:00 UTC 2013

On Thu, 4 Jul 2013, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> >> That's weird. On all my machines I always set only vfs.root.mountfrom in
> >> /boot/loader.conf to point to dataset containing root fs.
> >
> > In my last case, this was not enough.
> >

> And this is redundant if bootfs is correctly set.

However: setting this in boot.loader (or manually in loader prompt) is not
enough to have bootable system

And this, I suppose, could be attacked to reduce possibility of
user-configuration errors: not having a possibility to point at loader is a bit
disappointing, you see ;)

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck at FreeBSD.org ]