New fusefs implementation not usable with multiple fusefs mounts

Kevin Oberman rkoberman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 22:07:40 UTC 2013

I have been using the new fusefs for a while and have had to back it out
and go back to the old kernel module. I keep getting corrupted file NTFS
systems and I think I understand why,

I mount two NTFS systems:
/dev/fuse    184319948 110625056 73694892    60%    /media/Media
/dev/fuse    110636028 104943584  5692444    95%    /media/Windows7_OS

Note that both systems are mounted on /dev/fuse and I am assured that this
is by design. Both work fine for reads and seem to work for writes. Then I
unmount either of them. Both are unmounted, at least as far as the OS is
concerned. There is no way to unmount one and leave the other mounted. It
appears that any attempt to unmount either system does a proper unmount of
/media/Media, but, while marking /media/Windows7_OS as unmounted, actually
does not do so. The device ends up corrupt and the only way I have been
able to clean it is to boot Windows and have a disk check run. Media never
seems to get corrupted.

Any further information I might gather before filing a PR? I am running on
9.1 stable, but havehad the problem since the patch set first became
available on 9.0-stable.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com