gmirror doubt.

Marcelo Araujo araujobsdport at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 03:26:43 UTC 2013

2013/1/25 Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd at quip.cz>

> Mark Felder wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 11:22:04 -0600, Adam McDougall
>> <mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu> wrote:
>>

>>> Just putting in my 2 cents that I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE a sysctl to disable
>>> tasting by geom, even if global. My #1 extreme frustration with gmirror,
>>> gjournal etc is the difficulty of removing the on-disk config when the
>>> kernel is fighting you to keep re-tasting it and keeping it active.
>>>

>> I can't agree more. The GEOM framework and tasting is brilliant, but we
>> need to be able to control it.
>>

> +1 from me. I had a problem with gjournal re-tasting few weeks ago (posted
> on GEOM mailinglist)

Yes, seems reasonable have a sysctl to control the tasting.
I'm gonna take a look on it, basically I need to solve a personal issue and
if it works for me, I'm gonna share with you guys my changes.

I don't know yet, when I will start to work on it, it is in my TODO list!

Thanks everybody that reply!

Best Regards,
--
Marcelo Araujo