gmirror doubt.

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 24 16:50:07 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 07:04:01PM +0800, Marcelo Araujo wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>
> I'm wondering if is possible load the gmirror without activate the mirrors.
>
> As an example:
> I have several mirrors using gmirror, when I'm loading gmirror, all mirrors
> that are activated are loaded. What I'd like to do is totally the oposite,
> something like: Load gmirror, and active every mirror by myself.
>
> Anyone with more experience with geom could give me a clue about it?

Unfortunately it is not possible. You could probably prepare some hack
that would keep all gmirror components open for writing during load of
gmirror module, which would prevent gmirror from using them immediately,
but it would be gross.

Alternatively you could introduce even simple sysctl which, when set,
will disable tasting in gmirror globally.

FreeBSD committer                         http://www.FreeBSD.org
Am I Evil? Yes, I Am!                     http://tupytaj.pl