Problem adding SCSI quirks for a SSD, 4K sector and ZFS

Borja Marcos borjam at sarenet.es
Thu Jan 24 16:10:01 UTC 2013

On Jan 24, 2013, at 12:19 PM, Steven Hartland wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Borja Marcos" <borjam at sarenet.es>

(...)

> Simple answer is ZFS doesn't understand quirks. The attached patch does
> what you're looking for along with a few other things, see notes at
> the top for details.
>
> Its not a final version as there's still some discussion about
> implementation details but it should do what your looking for.

Oh, sorrry for the confusion! I assumed that the da driver would announce a 4 KB sector instead of the 512 bytes due to the quirks.

Which  brings an interesting question, I might have a potential time bomb in my experimental machine at home. It's a ZFS mirror with two 500 MB disks. One of the has 512 byte sectors, the other is "advanced format".

Borja.