Problems Re-Starting mountd

Andrey Simonenko simon at comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua
Thu Jan 3 12:37:39 UTC 2013

Hello,

On Wed, Jan 02, 2013 at 04:11:00PM -0800, Tim Gustafson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our /etc/exports file contains two lines for each user (one export for
> network "A", and one network for export "B"), and is about 3,200 line
> long.

Can you give example of two lines for two users (four lines in total).

How many file systems are mounted on your system?

What are types of these file systems?

If NFS export settings on your system have -mapall or -maproot,
then tell which type of database is used for users and groups names.

Give the content of /etc/nsswitch.conf.

> Re-loading mountd returns immediately, but new mounts are blocked for
> the same duration of time, at least several minutes.
>
> /etc/rc.d/mountd reload

Re-loading requires only the SIGHUP signal sending.