Unexpected SU+J inconsistency AGAIN -- please, don't shift topic to ZFS!

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Thu Feb 28 10:31:36 UTC 2013

Hello, Alexander.
You wrote 28 февраля 2013 г., 14:22:59:

AY> Could you afford reproducing this? :)
  After half a day of memtest86+ :)
  I want to be sure, that it is not memory problem first.

AY> Also, would be nice to know how look your setup (CPUs, how much disks, how
AY> they connected, is it hw raid, etc).
  Simple  E4500  CPU  on  Q35-based  desktop  (ASUS) MoBo, 6GiB memory
 (under  test  now!),  Samsung 500GiB SATA HDD for system, 5x2Tb  WD
 Green  (4xWD20EARS, 1xWD20EARX which replace failed WD20EARS), all
 disks are connected to 6 SATA ports of chipset (no RAID controller),
 WD disks are in software RAID5 with geom_raid5 (from ports, but I'm
 active maintainer of it).
   Disks are in "Default" configuration: WC and NCQ are enabled.

   I know, that FS guys could blame geom_raid5, as it could delay real
 write up to 15 seconds, but it never "lies" about writes (it doesn't
 mark BIOs complete till they are really sent to disk) and I could
 not reproduce any problems with it on many hours tests on VMs (and I
 don't want to experiment a lot on real hardware, as it contains my
 real data).

   Maybe, it is subtile interference between raid5 implementation and
  SU+J, but in such case I want to understand what does raid5 do
  wrong.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>