ZFS snapshot renames failing after upgrade to 9.2

Gerrit Kühn gerrit.kuehn at aei.mpg.de
Thu Dec 19 16:41:06 UTC 2013

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 17:21:04 +0100 (CET) krichy at tvnetwork.hu wrote about
Re: ZFS snapshot renames failing after upgrade to 9.2:

Dear Richard,

KH> I have some similar issues with snapshot handling, and I was told to
KH> use that patch, but unfortunately that did not solve my issues. As I
KH> tracked down things, my issues have nothing to do with snapshot
KH> sending.

That sounds not too promising. I do not send snapshots, either, I just
need to rotate (rename) them like to original poster.
I rebooted the machine which made the issue go away for now. Snapshots and
subsequent backups will be running this night, I'm curious how it looks
tomorrow morning.
Unusable snapshot-renaming would be very bad, my backups and several other
things rely on that. Do you still see the issue on your system? Are you
using 9.2 or 10?

cu
  Gerrit