namecache: numneg > 0 but ncneg is empty

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 19 13:47:21 UTC 2013

on 19/12/2013 10:12 Peter Holm said the following:
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 09:56:28AM +0200, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> Peter,
>>
>> I am curious about what ideology is behind vfs testing in stress2.  I know that
>> I can just look at the code myself, but hope that asking you could be faster.
>> Does stress2 exercise a certain set of scenarios?  Or does it have an element of
>> randomness?
>>

> The tests found in stress2/testcases does everything in a random
> fashion.

Could you please add a few words about what kind of randomness is that?
E.g. I looked at testcases/rename and it seems to do pretty predictable and
linear renaming of files within the same directory.  Also, it seems that the
test would be aborted should a rename operation fail.  But that would be a valid
outcome in a truly random / chaotic testing.

--
Andriy Gapon