NFS on ZFS pure SSD pool

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 20:23:15 UTC 2013

> If this is contributing the the heavy load, I'd suspect "nfsstat -e -s"
> to show a large count for Getattr. (I vaguely remember that NFSv4 mounts
> were in use. The counts of everything is larger for NFSv4, since they
> are counts of operations and not RPCs. Each NFSv4 RPC is a compound made
> up of N operations.)
>
> Just something that might be worth looking at, rick

root at students:/users # nfsstat -e -s

Server Info:
  Getattr   Setattr    Lookup  Readlink      Read     Write    Create
 Remove
106273793   1417764  19593633     12021   2497674   7927757   1047249
 772450
   Rename      Link   Symlink     Mkdir     Rmdir   Readdir  RdirPlus
 Access
   319284       924     13813     63500     20980    526257         0
677005862
    Mknod    Fsstat    Fsinfo  PathConf    Commit   LookupP   SetClId
SetClIdCf
        0   5218418       445       445   2899915         0         0
  0
     Open  OpenAttr OpenDwnGr  OpenCfrm DelePurge   DeleRet     GetFH
 Lock
        0         0         0         0         0         0         0
  0
    LockT     LockU     Close    Verify   NVerify     PutFH  PutPubFH
PutRootFH
        0         0         0         0         0         0         0
  0
    Renew RestoreFH    SaveFH   Secinfo RelLckOwn  V4Create
        0         0         0         0         0         0
Server:
Retfailed    Faults   Clients
        0         0         0
OpenOwner     Opens LockOwner     Locks    Delegs
        0         0         0         0         0
Server Cache Stats:
   Inprog      Idem  Non-idem    Misses CacheSize   TCPPeak
        0         0         0 826136189    952954    150002
--

Sam Fourman Jr.