Big problem with zfs....or not

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Tue Aug 27 13:56:05 UTC 2013

 Le 28/07/2013 à 21:12:27+0100, Steven Hartland a écrit

I'm terrible sorry to no answer your mail.

> Sounds like you may either have a failing disk (failing to return) or
> failing controller.

Exactly.

In fact the problem come from one disk, this disk return «it's OK» so the
zpool say « everything is OK », but he never return any data so that's why
the zfs list freeze.

After changing that disk everything return to normal.

Thank you for helping me, and again sorry to not answering (vacation...)

> Subject: Big problem with zfs....or not
>

> Hi
>
> I've running a server Dell R610 (with LSI-9200-8E)  + 5 x MD1200 during
> almost 2 years without any problem (under FreeBSD 9.0).
>
> Without any change on the software and the hardware, zfs status hang. And
> when I try to reboot the server the kernel stuck in
>
>     run_interrupt_driven_hooks: still waiting after 60 seconds for xpt_config
> (and 120 sec etc.)
>
> What do you think ?
>
> Because I didn't change anything I think it's a hardware problem, but I
> don't see what kind of problem and how to track the problem
>
> If someone think it's software (or both) problem have you any idea how I
> can fix it.

Regards.

JAS
--