kernel panics because of the corrupted zpool meta-data

Stan Grishin stangri at melmac.net
Wed Aug 14 14:33:53 UTC 2013

As recommended in FreeBSD forums I'm posting the message here.

I have a peculiar case where NAS4Free has corrupted the meta-data on my 4-disk raidz pool and a few flavours of FreeBSD and a latest version of OpenIndiana I've tried go down just when I try zpool import with no additional parameters (kernel panics).

I have more or less given up of my precious data, but if any FreeBSD dev wants to investigate or help me fix the problem I'd gladly try any special build you'd want me to.

PS. I've tried removing disks one by one, but any 3 out of 4 cause kernel panics and with just two I can't get my data back.

PPS. zdb -l works and reports valid information about zpool configuration, but I can't fix any problems with zdb.