How do I clear this problem? :-)

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Mon Aug 5 18:47:43 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 12:19:24PM -0500, Karl Denninger wrote:

  Development system here where I've been screwing around with ZFS and ZPOOL.

  I have a deprecated mirror that cannot be imported (the disks used for
  it were wiped and re-used); however, an attempt to destroy the pool
  fails because it's not mounted, and I can't find a command to clear the
  cache data that ZPOOL is using to find it.

  [root at dbms2 /]# zpool import
     pool: zstore
       id: 4828844235736846012
    state: UNAVAIL

Can you take a look at the 'zpool labelclear' command?  Please be aware that
it apparently can clear more than just ZFS labels on devices you specify, which
doesn't sound like a problem for you, but interested parties can see the 6/13/13
thread "Subject: zpool labelclear destroys GPT" on freebsd-stable.