ZFS: can't read MOS of pool

Volodymyr Kostyrko c.kworr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 14:49:26 UTC 2013

02.08.2013 17:40, Łukasz Wąsikowski wrote:
>>> Any hints how to go from here?
>>
>> First, how did you update bootcode? `ls -la /boot` also wood help.
>>
>> Second, what is your /etc/make.conf and /etc/src.conf?
>
> I'm updating bootcode with:
>
> gpart bootcode -b /boot/pmbr -p /boot/gptzfsboot -i 1 ada0
>
> /etc/src.conf doesn't exist (I'm using GENERIC kernel on this VM)
> /etc/make.conf - http://pastebin.com/QapEWzfJ

Looks good.

Can you also try what Trond suggests about boot order? You can also list
your boot fs in /boot/loader.conf like
vfs.root.mountfrom=zfs:klawisz/ROOTFS. Or you can just add this at
loader prompt.

There's also a ${SRC}/tools/tools/zfsboottest script that can tell you
something about booting from your pool.

--
Sphinx of black quartz, judge my vow.