NFS Performance issue against NetApp

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Wed Apr 24 22:33:19 UTC 2013

Am 25.04.2013 um 00:26 schrieb "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy at hub.org>:

> So, over 4x slower?

That's a good question.

> Can you send me what your mount options are in /etc/fstab?  I'd like to try that out and compare against the two above … and I do have the Intel card on the way, so see if that makes a difference …

They look like this:

10.10.91.226:/the/export /usr/home/customer/bla/data/project_archives	nfs rw,bg,rsize=32768,wsize=32768 	0

But it also looks like your NetApp gives better default performance than the SmartOS'ed DL380 (for a price <fG>).
So, I'm not sure if it will make any difference.

Can you remove the disks and install CentOS6 on another pair of disks, just for kicks?

Rainer