ZFS: ZIL device export/import

mxb mxb at alumni.chalmers.se
Sun Apr 14 10:01:49 UTC 2013

Well, I'm trying to preclude any undesired effect in the whole setup, as this is going to production.

SAS-link might not be a bottleneck here and I'm overreacting.

Locally ,on per HU basis, I have 6Gbit/s SAS/SATA. Both card and disks(SSD) attached to it.
SAS Expander is also 6Gbit/s, attaching 10k RPM SAS mechanical disks on JBOD.

I use Intel 520 SSD and Pulsar SSD in this setup.
ZIL resided locally on Intel SSD(per HU), but now will probably move to Pulsar SSD(moved to JBOD as those disks have dual SAS/SATA link). L2ARC resided on Pulsar (Pulsar was in each HU. eg. I have 2x Pulsar).

Looks like I have to re-design the whole setup, as of ZIL.

//mxb