ZFS: ZIL device export/import

mxb mxb at alumni.chalmers.se
Sat Apr 13 17:34:02 UTC 2013

Hello list,

I'm currently have 2x Head Units (HU) [FreeBSD 9.1] connected to the same JBOD via SAS Expander.
Each HU has separate ZIL and L2ARC devices. Hardware on both HU (inc. SSD disks for ZIL/L2ARC) is identical.

This is basically a HA-setup.

The I do an 'zpool export tank' on the first HU and do 'zpool import tank' on the second one, only L2ARC device appears usable.
Import fails, complaining about ZIL device not present.

According to the man page zpool(8) ZIL device can be imported and exported.

"… Log devices can be added, replaced, attached, detached, imported and
     exported as part of the larger pool. …".

Do I miss something here?
This feature not implemented yet?
Any way to work around this, except that moving ZIL into JBOD?

//maxim