ZFS snapshots and daily security checks

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 8 08:50:07 UTC 2013

Hello, Jeremy.
You wrote 8 апреля 2013 г., 12:07:38:

JC> I don't know what to tell you -- my output clearly shows that after
JC> creating a snapshot with "zfs snapshot -r filesystem at snapname" that
JC> mount nor mount -p show anything.
  What's  really wander me, why is here difference between `mount' and
 `mount -p' output on my system. It looks like `-p' option should be
 cosmetic one...

JC> I wonder if you have either pool or filesystem-level attributes which
JC> are causing your issue.

JC> Here are mine, for the pool and filesystem I used in my previous mail
JC> (pool "data" and filesystem "data/home"):

JC> data/home  snapdir               hidden                 default
pool/home  snapdir               visible                 default

  It is only not size- and date-related difference. So, we know why
 here is difference between my and your `mount -p' outputs! (BTW, why
 both values are default?!)

  And here is some conflict of interests: it is god to allow useres
restore their files from snapshots without my help (and it is require
visible snapshots), but it is very annoying output in security
checks...

 And why output of mount depends on visual option? I need to read
 mount sources.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>