Regarding regular zfs

Peter Jeremy peter at rulingia.com
Mon Apr 8 08:48:10 UTC 2013

On 2013-Apr-08 10:29:52 +0200, Joar Jegleim <joar.jegleim at gmail.com> wrote:
>I'll check how cache is doing, but as I wrote in my previous reply, the
>'slave' server is completely unresponsive, nothing works at all for 5-15
>seconds, when the server is responsive again (can ssh in and so on) I can't
>seem to find anything in dmesg or any log hinting about anything at all
>that went 'wrong'  .

If you have iostat/gstat/top/... running, does it hang (stop updating)
during this period?  Is it pingable during the "hang"?

How about iostat/gstat/top/... running on the console?

Do you have compression or dedup enabled?

>I could try DDB, I'm gonna have to get back to you on that, I haven't
>debug'ed FreeBSD kernel before and the system is in production, so I would
>have to be cautious. I might be able to try out that during this week .

Do you have a test system that you can reproduce the problem on?  The
reason I ask about DDB it that it would be useful to get a 'ps' whilst
the system is hung and it sounds like DDB is the only way to get that.

--
Peter Jeremy