Regarding regular zfs

Ronald Klop ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org
Fri Apr 5 14:07:37 UTC 2013

On Fri, 05 Apr 2013 15:02:12 +0200, Joar Jegleim <joar.jegleim at gmail.com>
wrote:

> You make some interesting points .
> I don't _think_ the script 'causes more than 1 zfs write at a time, and
> I'm
> sure 'nothing else' is doing that neither . But I'm gonna check that out
> because it does sound like a logical explanation.
> I'm wondering if the rsync from the receiving server (that is: the backup
> server is doing rsync from the zfs receive server) could 'cause the same
> problem, it's only reading though ...

Do you run the rsync from a snapshot or from the 'live' filesystem? The
live one changes during zfs receive. I don't know if that has anything to
do with your problem, but rsync from a snapshot gives a consistent backup
anyway.

BTW: It is probably more simple for you to test if the rsync is related to
the problem, than for other people to theorize about it here.

Ronald.