Exporting ZFS File System to Multiple Subnets

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Sat Sep 29 14:31:55 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 12:50:13PM -0700, Tim Gustafson wrote:
> > And it seems that ZFS somehow
> > gets in the way of /etc/exports for ZFS file systems, so that if I
> > turn off sharenfs ("zfs inherit sharenfs tank/export; zfs inherit
> > sharenfs tank/projects") it actually blocks the export lines in
> > /etc/exports from being mounted.
>
> So, this was incorrect.  Something else was going on that was
> preventing the exports in /etc/exports from working; after a few
> reboots, with sharenfs set to "inherited" for all file systems, we are
> able to specify exports in /etc/exports again.

And this is what I would recommend. sharenfs property syntax is very
limited, but you can turn off that property and just use /etc/exports
as for any other file system.

FreeBSD committer                         http://www.FreeBSD.org
Am I Evil? Yes, I Am!                     http://tupytaj.pl