how to access ZFS snapshot via iSCSI

Olivier Smedts olivier at gid0.org
Thu Sep 27 13:57:25 UTC 2012

2012/9/26 Zeus Panchenko <zeus at ibs.dn.ua>:
> hi all,
>
> please, may somebody advice, can I access ZFS snapshot via iSCSI?
>
> I do can get access to ZFS filesystem and zvol, but how to access ZFS snapshot?
>
> I am trying that via istgt, in istgt.conf I put:
>
> [LogicalUnit4]
>   Comment "ZVOL 500Gb to test"
>   TargetName zvol-totest
>   Mapping PortalGroup1 InitiatorGroup1
>   AuthMethod Auto
>   AuthGroup AuthGroup1
>   UseDigest Auto
>   UnitType Disk
>   QueueDepth 64
>   LUN0 Storage /dev/zvol/storage/win/zvol-totest Auto
>
> and I can mount it and use
>
> when I put
>
> [LogicalUnit5]
>   Comment "snapshot of ZVOL 500Gb totest"
>   TargetName zvol-totest-snapshot
>   Mapping PortalGroup1 InitiatorGroup1
>   AuthMethod Auto
>   AuthGroup AuthGroup1
>   UseDigest Auto
>   UnitType Disk
>   QueueDepth 64
>   LUN0 Storage /dev/zvol/storage/win/zvol-totest at hourly-2012-09-26-11 Auto

Can you set a read-only access in this config file ? Maybe istgt tries
to open the volume read-write but it can't because it's a snapshot.

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."