XFS/istgt backed 8TB xfs filesystem configuration?

Mark Felder feld at feld.me
Tue Sep 18 12:45:45 UTC 2012

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 07:42:14 -0500, John <jwd at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Have you found any blocksizes, cache sizes, etc, that seem optimal?

I'm providing iSCSI for XEN and VMWare servers and currently have no
optimal tunings. ZFS's variable block size seems to handle the load just
fine, and I have plenty of SSDs doing work for me. Just make sure you have
carefully calculated the number of Connections and Sessions for istgt --
your multipath and number of LUNs being shared will affect these numbers.