testing/review of atomic export update patch

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Sun Sep 16 21:41:33 UTC 2012

Hi,

There is a simple patch at:
  http://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem/atomic-export.patch
that can be applied to a kernel + mountd, so that the new
nfsd can be suspended by mountd while the exports are being
reloaded. It adds a new "-S" flag to mountd to enable this.
(This avoids the long standing bug where clients receive ESTALE
 replies to RPCs while mountd is reloading exports.)

I am emailing to request testing and/or review of this patch
by anyone who is interested. (One site has reported that the
patch worked well for them and another is testing it as I type
this.)

Thanks in advance for any comments, rick