kern/147881: [zfs] [patch] ZFS " sharenfs" doesn' t allow different "exports" options for different hosts

Martin Matuska mm at FreeBSD.org
Thu Sep 6 13:40:18 UTC 2012

The following reply was made to PR kern/147881; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Martin Matuska <mm at FreeBSD.org>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, Richard.Conto at gmail.com
Subject: Re: kern/147881: [zfs] [patch] ZFS &quot;sharenfs&quot; doesn&#39;t
 allow different &quot;exports&quot; options for different hosts
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2012 15:36:13 +0200

 The purpose of the sharenfs property is not to completely replace
 /etc/exports.
 What we have is just a tricky workaround that populates /etc/zfs/exports.
 he commands to NFS-share filesystems on illumos are different and our
 options are mostly incompatible with illumos.
 So you e.g. sharenfs="-maproot=root" is invalid if imported on a
 Openindiana system.

 Have you considered using just /etc/exports for more-complex configurations?

 --
 Martin Matuska
 FreeBSD committer