zfs send -r missing - but documented in zfs(8)

Thomas Steen Rasmussen thomas at gibfest.dk
Sun Sep 2 19:17:41 UTC 2012

On 02.09.2012 20:31, Andreas Nilsson wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Thomas Steen Rasmussen
> <thomas at gibfest.dk <mailto:thomas at gibfest.dk>> wrote:
>
>     Hello list,
>
>     For some reason it seems like the -r argument to "zfs send" isn't
>     implemented in FreeBSD. It is documented in the usage output
>     seen below:
>

> I had a similar experience with out-of-sync docs and then I think a
> missing mergemaster might have had something to do with it.

Hello,

This is not just the manpage out of sync. Ironically
the zfs tool itself reports the lower-case -r option
in the usage output that it shows me because -r
is an invalid option:

$ zfs send -r
invalid option 'r'
usage:
     send [-DnPpRrv] [-i snapshot | -I snapshot] <snapshot>

For the property list, run: zfs set|get

For the delegated permission list, run: zfs allow|unallow
$