Memory consumption after turning off dedup

Daniel Kalchev daniel at digsys.bg
Sat Oct 20 07:37:58 UTC 2012

The only way I am aware of to get rid of the DDT (what is consuming memory) is to turn dedup off, then copy all the data in again -- if you have space, you could copy within the same zpool, then remove the old data. Maybe it doesn't remove all the DDT entries, such as for metadata, but at least most of it will be gone. Turning off dedup only prevents deduplication of data you write after that act.

Daniel