I have a DDB session open to a crashed ZFS server

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 17 16:39:57 UTC 2012

on 17/10/2012 19:06 Adam Vande More said the following:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 9:35 AM, Andriy Gapon <avg at freebsd.org
> <mailto:avg at freebsd.org>> wrote:
>
>     on 17/10/2012 10:04 Nikolay Denev said the following:
>     > I'm running with the patch from here :
>     http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.devel.file-systems/16000/focus=16017
>     > And there were no deadlocks since it's applied.
>     > If you're hitting the same issue as I was, this should help.
>
>     I am going to commit that change soon-ish, if nobody expressly objects to it.
>

> I imagine you don't have much to do with the release process, but this seems to be
> a rather major bug warranting serious consideration about inserting into the 9_1
> branch prior to final release.

No, I don't think so.
The bug can only be triggered by running out of KVA space (vm.kmem_map_free
getting too low), and that can be worked around by increasing vm.kmem_size via a
loader tunable.  I hear that a value twice the physical memory size is pretty safe.

--
Andriy Gapon