Zfs import issue

Peter Maloney peter.maloney at brockmann-consult.de
Sat Oct 6 06:09:48 UTC 2012

Okay, then we have the same problem except I need one more zfs command
after the send to hang the filesystem. In my case, this means I can
simply never call zfs twice before the first is done. eg. a file based
lock in my scripts; or wrap the zfs command with something that locks.
Does this solve (workaround) your problem?

I find (in 8.2-STABLE, 8.3-STABLE) the file system works 100% during a
send unless there is something else with a "zfs" command that happens;
only zfs commands will hang/block , not ls, df, etc.; in my example
below, I destroyed a snapshot, and that command hung/blocked. And when
the hung/blocked zfs command is a write command, such as destroy, then
the filesystem is hung/blocked too, including ls, df, etc.. And when a
hung/blocked command is killed, it seems to be permanently hung (but
could just be enormously slow).