How to recover from theis ZFS error?

Dennis Glatting dg at pki2.com
Wed Oct 3 17:13:20 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-09-29 at 16:41 +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 11:35:15AM -0700, Dennis Glatting wrote:
> >
> > One of my pools (disk-1) with 12T of data is reporting this error after a
> > scrub. Is there a way to fix this error without backing up and restoring
> > 12T of data?
> >

> > errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:
> >
> >          <metadata>:<0x0>
> >          disk-1:<0x0>
>
> Can you paste entire 'zpool status -v' output after scrub?

THis is the output from a new scrub. It is the second scrub against that
data set. The errors that remained after the first scrub (above) have
vanished. I'm a little confused although I often run multiple fsck
against volumes before entering multi-user mode.

That said, during this scrub the system froze twice requiring a reboot.
This is now a common problem across my four AMD systems: one eight core
x1 8150, one 16 core x1 6272, one 16 core x2 6274, and one 16 core x4
6274. (3x r241015M and 1x r241040).

bd3# zpool status -v disk-1
  pool: disk-1
 state: ONLINE
  scan: scrub repaired 0 in 30h18m with 0 errors on Wed Oct  3 09:44:29
2012
config:

	NAME             STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	disk-1           ONLINE       0     0     0
	  raidz2-0       ONLINE       0     0     0
	    da0          ONLINE       0     0     0
	    da1          ONLINE       0     0     0
	    da13         ONLINE       0     0     0
	    da2          ONLINE       0     0     0
	    da3          ONLINE       0     0     0
	    da4          ONLINE       0     0     0
	    da5          ONLINE       0     0     0
	    da8          ONLINE       0     0     0
	    da9          ONLINE       0     0     0
	    da10         ONLINE       0     0     0
	    da11         ONLINE       0     0     0
	logs
	  gpt/zil-disk1  ONLINE       0     0     0
	cache
	  ada0           ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

--
Dennis Glatting <dg at pki2.com>