zfs: allow to mount root from a pool not in zpool.cache

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 3 14:59:16 UTC 2012

on 03/10/2012 11:53 Pawel Jakub Dawidek said the following:
> GEOM tasting would most likely require rewriting the code heavly.

Almost all lines are already there (for device search by guid).  Only some
reshuffling would be needed :-)

> Also note that you can have pools in you system that do match your
> hostid, but user decided to keep exported and such pool should not be
> configured automatically. Not a huge problem probably as there is pool
> status somewhere in the metadata that we can use to see if the pool is
> exported or not.

Yeah, either using host id and pool status or keeping zpool.cache as just a list
of pools to auto-import.  Or some combination.

--
Andriy Gapon