ZFS kernel panics due to corrupt DVAs (despite RAIDZ)

Raymond Jimenez raymondj at caltech.edu
Thu Nov 29 09:30:06 UTC 2012

Hi Andriy,

On 11/27/2012 3:09 AM, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> Perhaps this thread could be of some interest to you:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.devel.file-systems/15611/focus=15616

Thank you for the pointer. Unfortunately, a scrub segfaults in the same
place with the same output.

> For one reason or the other wrong data (but correct looking - proper checksums,
> etc) got written to the disk.  I'd say use the patch, lift the data and
> re-create the pool.

Since it's corrupt data coming from higher levels, is there any
possibility of getting this data back? Is it worth debugging more to
add checks to catch this, or are these scenarios be vanishingly
small?

Thank you,
Raymond Jimenez