Re-sizable UFS project

Xavier Beaudouin kiwi at oav.net
Tue Nov 27 16:41:33 UTC 2012

Hello,

On 11/27/12 15:02, CeDeROM wrote:
> Btw. are there any projects to make UFS natively available (something
> like fs-driver for ExtFS) on platforms such as Windows, Linux, MacOS?
> It would be nice to have native UFS  instead Ext2 as universal
> filesystem among these operating systems... :-)

It is a long time I didn't recompile a Linux kernel, but there is a UFS
driver (kernel mode) on linux kernel (I was on 2.6.32, as far as I
remember).

There is also UFS on OSX... But it is toooo slow for OS X and case
sensitive that make it ... unusable on OS X.

I think we lost UFS on OSX recently (I think when OS X Lion came
out).... but I don't know if OS X UFS is compatible with FreeBSD's.

Xavier