problem booting to multi-vdev root pool

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 19 13:00:38 UTC 2012

on 18/11/2012 13:48 Andriy Gapon said the following:
> on 18/11/2012 02:26 Bartosz Stec said the following:
>>>
>>> I have just compiler an r242910 kernel with this patch (and just this one)
>>> applied.
>>>
>>> System booted so it seems to work fine! :)
>> I've just compiled and installed fresh kernel with your patch, system booted
>> without any problems, so apparently patch works as intended.
>
> Thank you both very much for testing!
> Committed as r243213.

BTW, if you have some spare time and a desire to do some more testing, you can
try the following patch:
http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/zfs-spa-multi_vdev_root_support.diff

It adds support for multi-vdev root pool probing in kernel.
The best way to test is to remove zpool.cache before rebooting (but make sure to
keep a copy somewhere and be able to recover).  I'd use a boot environment (a
root filesystem clone) for this.

Thank you.
--
Andriy Gapon