RHEL to FreeBSD file server

Chuck Burns break19 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 18:20:42 UTC 2012

TBH, I've never gotten my hands on anything close to that much power,
but I can tell you, from my experience with FreeBSD's NFS implementation
on much lower-powered hardware, it uses less CPU on a system that ran
debian stable for a bit.  Said system is not powerful enough for ZFS,
mind you..  However, I do have another FreeBSD system that is more of a
desktop system.  I have only 3x750G wd blue sata drives in it, in a
raidz, and I've not had any io-related issues on it.  Admittedly, my
experiences are more "hobbyist" than enterprise, and although I do try
to keep abreast of all this info, I'm so not sure how much that info
helps..  I do, however, have the understanding that most of the
performance issues have had to do with certain controllers simply not
being configured correctly, or have the "right" firmware

On a slightly unrelated note, "pics?" I would love to drool over this
setup. :)

--
Chuck Burns <break19 at gmail.com>