will non-MPSAFE-deorbit remove MNTK_MPSAFE?

Konstantin Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:15:42 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 07, 2012 at 10:01:21AM -0500, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> Per the thread on svn-src-head, I was wondering if there are plans to
> remove the MNTK_MPSAFE flag at some point.
> A quick grep through the sources seems to indicate that it is not really
> used, as the check in VFS_NEEDSGIANT was removed in r241896.
Yes, it will be removed some time before 10.0.
Right now I opted to not change mpsafe filesystem modules.

An option was to keep the code which refused to mount filesystem
without MNTK_MPSAFE set, but I decided to cut the whole tail once.
But I did not wanted to touch working mpsafe filesystems, thus
MNTK_MPSAFE survived yet.