Mirror of Raidz for data reliability

Marcelo Araujo araujobsdport at gmail.com
Mon May 14 02:14:09 UTC 2012

Hello Adam,

Well, in my understand it would be not the same.
Because it will works as a stripe, and OK we have 2 copies of each striped
data between both raidz, however I don't have a mirror for every each disk
in the pool, so no data protection. Also I could scale with more JBOD or
Machines till 3 times, because zfs set copies support till 3 copies.

In case, I use something like:
zpool create tank raidz da0 da1 raidz da2 da3 raidz da4 da5 raidz da6 da7

I don't have set copies=4, but in the previous email that I sent, you have
no limit to set more mirrors.

What do you think?

Best Regards,
- Araujo