Replacing dead drives in ZRAID2

Simon simon at optinet.com
Wed May 2 17:27:25 UTC 2012

I don't expect miracles from ZFS if hardware is not compatible. However,
I did expect for ahd driver and Adaptec U320 to still be fairly common and
well aged, thus being compatible, but perhaps that isn't the case.

Is there a list of compatible controllers?

I do not understand how formatting a drive using UFS would solve my
issues. I pulled 2 drives out from functional zraid2 to simulate drive failure
and the system froze. Clearly there is an issue using this controller with ZFS
in ZRAID setup. It shouldn't matter what I have installed on a drive.
When a drive is pulled out of hot-plug enclosure, it should get marked as
offline.

-Simon