zfs fails to mount correctly during 8.2 -> 9.0 update

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 3 14:25:46 UTC 2012

on 03/03/2012 11:48 krad said the following:
> What I have found works much better is
> to clone your zfs root file system, mount it somewhere, set DESTDIR to
> there and install world and kernel. Then tweak the loader.conf on the
> relevent fs and the pools bootfs property accordingly.  Unmount the new
> root fs and set the mountpoint the legacy, then reboot. If you get problems
> with the new build just boot in with a live ios and reset the bootfs
> property of the pool to the old value. I wish the last step could be done
> from the loader prompt but as far as i can see you cant yet 8(

See these patches:
https://gitorious.org/~avg/freebsd/avgbsd/commit/1ffe908762d7fc5c132fc711e50e6f1a6db5f19b
https://gitorious.org/~avg/freebsd/avgbsd/commit/7db964b9b69e7cd77260a70a3e300fe10f33b5b1

Unfortunately I can't seem to find time to finish them.

--
Andriy Gapon