Can mps drop a failing device from bus?

Peter Maloney peter.maloney at brockmann-consult.de
Sat Jun 9 14:31:20 UTC 2012

I think I've had the same issues, but resolved it by avoiding certain
disks and firmware (for disks that aren't really failed... don't know if
a failing disk will cause such problems in the future).

Here is a related message list thread about it:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2012-January/013477.html