ZFS deadlock

Peter Maloney peter.maloney at brockmann-consult.de
Sat Jul 21 15:04:04 UTC 2012

I've had the same thing happen. It only happens with Linux clients. My
workaround is to mount an empty directory on top of .zfs. I submitted a
PR about it also. And I can't reproduce it on other machines, including
the replicated backup server with all the same snapshots. It only
happens on the one production machine, possibly because it has more nfs
clients active than what I created for my tests.

Here's my forum thread:

Here's my PR:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/168947