Recreating a ZFS pool from existing disks?

Andy Young ayoung at mosaicarchive.com
Mon Jul 9 19:35:30 UTC 2012

One of our servers has a hard drive that contains the OS and then a set of
24 drives that were organized into two ZFS pools. I replaced the system
drive this morning assuming, perhaps misguidedly, that I could easily
recreate the two ZFS pools from the 24 drives. (You could do this pretty
easily with RAID6 in Linux as I recall) When I looked closer at zpool
however, its not obvious how to do this. I tried using zpool create but it
complained that the drives were already part of another pool.

Is there a way to recreate a zpool directly from the disks?

Thanks!

--
Andrew Young