ZFS sync / ZIL clarification

Mark Felder feld at feld.me
Mon Jan 30 14:46:44 UTC 2012

Thanks Peter. You're also confirming my original suspicions and the
results of my testing.

I'm going to continue forward with this ZFS SAN backend for ESXi project
with iSCSI via istgt, which actually works surprisingly well.

Honestly, NFS would have been quite useful, but it never would have made
sense in our environment because you can't properly multipath to it
without pNFS / NFS 4.1, which isn't available in FreeBSD yet and will take
some time to prove its stability anyway.