Distributed, snapshotting, checksumming filesystems for FreeBSD

Kamil Choudhury Kamil.Choudhury at anserinae.net
Sat Feb 25 04:37:15 UTC 2012

The dream: a file system spread out over a variable,
ever increasing number of hosts, presenting a single
unified file system to any client host mounting the
file system.

>From the client's point of view, it is possible to
snapshot the directory view that is presented. The
client also has confidence that data written to the
file system will be returned exactly as it went in.

Now that I think about it, what I seem to be looking
for is a network aware ZFS that uses hosts as vdevs.

Is there such a thing out there?

Kamil