[CFR][DEVFS] rc.conf option devfs_load_rulesets

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Feb 8 09:40:29 UTC 2012

On 02/06/2012 01:39, Martin Matuska wrote:
> FreeBSD includes four system rulesets in /etc/defaults/devfs.rules and
> allows users to configure their custom rulesets in /etc/devfs.rules.
> However, if not using jails or not specifying at least one of the
> "devfs_system_ruleset" or "devfs_set_rulesets" variables, there is no
> way to automatically load the rules from these configuration files.
>
> The attached patch introduces a "devfs_load_rulesets" yes/no variable,
> that allows the user to have the devfs rules always loaded on startup or
> if manually running /etc/rc.d/devfs start.
>
> The patch is also available at:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~mm/patches/devfs/devfs_load_rulesets.patch
>
> Please review and/or comment my attached patch.

I actually ran into this same problem myself today, and I suppose GMTA
because I did essentially the same thing ... even gave the knob the same
name. In no way did I intend to steal your work, sorry.

For future reference, if you end a line with an operator (like || or &&)
there is no reason to use the \ for line continuation, sh sorts it out
for you.

Doug

--

	It's always a long day; 86400 doesn't fit into a short.