ZFS boots RO

Patrick Dorion dorionpatrick at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:22:57 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've been having a problem for some time now.  When I reboot, the root ZFS
mounts readonly=on source=temporary.  As a result, it's unable to launch
the services and the buffer is rather uninformative about the condition.

I thought it was a problem in the configuration but I destroyed the zpool
before installing 9.0-R and I tried to reboot with and without loader.conf,
rc.conf and fstab configuration parameters for the filesystem.  The only
non-default setting for the filesystem is utf8only=on and I never had an
issue with that in the past.

Any ideas?

Patrick Dorion