HPC and zfs.

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Mon Feb 6 16:39:05 UTC 2012

Am Mon, 6 Feb 2012 08:22:06 -0800
schrieb Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd at jdc.parodius.com>:

> On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 04:52:11PM +0100, Peter Ankerst?l wrote:

> > Other possible solutions to this problem is extremley welcome.
>
> For starters I'd love to know:

Recently, someone had a similar proposal on the CentoS list.
Except, he really wants to build it, it's 2 PB and it's supposed to be
housed in his garage.
Someone explained to him that with the 28k BTU, his garage would get
rather warm....

There's been a presentation on the last LISA about "Your First
Peta-Byte".

It's a interesting talk, and entertaining too.
It's on youtube.

From building our own filers with Solaris and COTS shelves, I can say
that the fun quickly wears of...