RFC: which patch is preferred for fix to PR#165923

Joel Ray Holveck joelh at juniper.net
Tue Apr 3 09:29:18 UTC 2012

On 02 Apr 2012, at 8:45, Rick Macklem wrote:

> Joel argued that the credential reference in vm_object_t wasn't NFS specific
> for the same reason. (ie. He felt it might be useful for other filesystems,
> such as smbfs. He had at least one other one, but I can't remember which one;-)

NFS, smbfs, and nwfs (NetWare) were the three that I identified in 8.3-RC1 (based on a brief grep for curthread).  They looked like they had copied it from NFS (down to "/* XXX */" next to where they set the creds from curthread), and they did pass that cred down, but I didn't look closely at where it was ultimately used.

I didn't look at anything in ports.

joelh