ZFS version 30

Olivier Smedts olivier at gid0.org
Sat Sep 10 09:39:26 UTC 2011

2011/9/10 Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy at acm.org>:
> On 2011-Sep-09 11:38:07 -0500, Steve Thompson <steve.f.thompson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>Does anyone know if there're any plans to get this into FreeBSD anytime
>>soon?  I really want transparent encryption!
>
> ZFS v28 is the latest publicly available code and it's unlikely that
> features in later versions of ZFS on Solaris will be available in any
> free OS's unless Oracle releases the code.  As others have said, the
> various FOSS groups using ZFS are co-ordinating their efforts but
> there is very little public information on their plans or progress.

After having acquired Sun, Oracle said (I think I read that) they
won't change the license of the zfs sources and the developments will
continue like they were, but they'll only disclose sources after a
Solaris launch. Solaris Express is here, but still no Solaris 11. Any
news on that ?

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."